Rewriting discs

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have purchased some DVD+RW discs and I was succesful in burning content to it the first time around, but I cannot burn to that disc again. I have a possible solution, but I want to know my FREE alternatives to rwrite to these discs. My solution is to open up Parallels and have Nero erase the disc. Does are there anybody know of some Free alternative way to reburn the RW discs, without having to erase the disc?

Reaction score
When you rewrite to a Disc, you basically just erase it and write to it again. If you want to APPEND files to the ones already exisiting, you don't even need rewritable discs, you only need a burning app that supports multiple session discs.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I think Disc Utility (in your utilities folder) will erase the discs, it erases CD R/W discs.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
100% correct on that A-M !

Insert CD/DVD, fire up Disc Utility and select the disc in the left pane and click on the Erase button in the right window and follow the instructions to erase a R/W disc.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
100% correct on that A-M !

Insert CD/DVD, fire up Disc Utility and select the disc in the left pane and click on the Erase button in the right window and follow the instructions to erase a R/W disc.

Yep, just tried it on a Verbatim DVD R/W 4X disc and it worked perfectly, quick too (in comparison to my DVD recorder that is).

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah Disc Utility will do it fine. Disco does it in a really fun way. And Toast does it really well, but a bit complicated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i dont like toasts method either. i usually just use disk utility to erase em.

simply and fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.