Web Design on Mac?

Reaction score
I just switched this week and I am a very proud owner of a black MB. I am in my second year of my Web Design major. I have only used Dreamweaver and Flash 8 in school and I have had experience with photoshop on my own. They have only taught us basic stuff and my self learned knowledge exceeds class right now, I know html and I have played with CSS but nothing further than that. I would like to know what programs I need for my mac to do php and things at that level, I'm ready to start learning. Also I used ws ftp pro on my pc, whats the best ftp for mac? Thanks in advance!

<R>

BTW: Web link is www.illusioncustomdesigns.com

T

todd51

As far as FTPs go, I have used Fugu, R-Browser, and Cyberduck

They are all free, but Cyberduck works the best! I highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
At home I use Transmit in coordination with BBEdit (Dreamweaver 8 at work) for my HTML/CSS/PHP editing.

You can basically use any text editor to code PHP... the real body of PHP work comes with learning how to use it with a database (MySQL). If you're looking for a good learning experience, I'd recommend getting to know an open source php-based Web software like Wordpress.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Do a google for Mamp, download and install.

Mamp configures the Apache server and MySql and then you are good to go to get started with php, any old text editor will do but Smultron is particularly nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.