Can I upgrade my 802.11g card in my iMac?....

Reaction score
Apple guy at Tech support sounded non commital about it when I asked. I have one of the original "Early 2006 Intel" 20" iMacs with just core-duo, not core 2 duo. It would seem that replacing the wireless card would be something fairly simple to do - especially at the Apple store. I need a memory upgrade and thought I'd do both at once.

Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
i think youve posted this in the wrong section but..
the memory on the imac is located on the bottom between the two speakers the airport in the unit itself so would be much more difficult i dont know if the shop would do it for you or not though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple guy at Tech support sounded non commital about it when I asked. I have one of the original "Early 2006 Intel" 20" iMacs with just core-duo, not core 2 duo. It would seem that replacing the wireless card would be something fairly simple to do - especially at the Apple store. I need a memory upgrade and thought I'd do both at once.

Any advice?
This cannot be done. This is because there simply isn't a card to replace or upgrade it with. At least not yet. For this reason, there is no simple procedure that is going to happen that will replace or upgrade it.

i think youve posted this in the wrong section
Took care of that ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.