PB G4 - are there battery prob for these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I'm checking out something my friend mentioned. She has a PB G4 and said that her battery lasts less than 1 hour. I thought she needed a new battery, but she said that she'd heard that there are battery probs with the PBG4's and they're all like that. She's figuring that a replacement battery will have the same prob. Sorry I don't have the age of her PB. She's mentoring me in Web Design, so I thought I'd look into this a bit and see if I could "surprise" her with some info as a thank you. I wish I could afford to get her a new battery as a thank you, lol!

TIA,

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Thanks Ms. MHC. :) I'll pass this along to her and we'll check her serial number.

Have a good one.

M

MacHeadCase

I hope she is entitled to a replacement battery. If not, well... We have a 4 year old G4 iBook here and the battery should be replaced 'cause the laptop always needs to be plugged in the electrical outlet now. The battery holds a charge for about 10 minutes then it's *pfffttt*.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Those battery recalls are usually for dangerous batteries, not short-lived ones.

Any PowerBook G4 is likely to be at least a year old, probably more. It's very possible that the battery is just dying a natural death. If the laptop is two years old or older, I'd say that's almost certainly what's going on.

Here's the standard batteries link, anyway.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.