I am downloading Doom 3. Do I need all the Winblows Daemon Tools and Alcohol to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am downloading Doom 3. Do I need all the Winblows Daemon Tools and Alcohol to play? I am new to OS. I have used Windows almost my whole life, and am now on OS. The file for Doom 3 is ".toast". lol. That is funny. Do I need anything special to play or what? Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
osx has a disk image tool a bit like daemon tools built in , but a .toast extention means you need roxio toast to run it

Reaction score
id Software is distributing Doom 3 as a .toast file?

OP
H
Reaction score
osx has a disk image tool a bit like daemon tools built in , but a .toast extention means you need roxio toast to run it

Roxio to run it? Can you explain? I thought Roxio is just for creating CDs.

OP
H
Reaction score
I would imagine if this is a demo it's pretty straightforward to decompress. If it ain't a demo and it's about an illegal copy, we all know the drill.

I do not know the drill on Mac OS. Can you please tell me? I do not want to buy any programs to mount it. Is there a free program to download?

M

MacHeadCase

Talk about illegal programs is not allowed on Mac-Forums. Didn't you read the forum rules when you joined?

From the FORUM RULES:

3. Illegal Activity: Mac-Forums.com recognizes that this is an international community and as such it is your responsibility to determine what is legal in your jurisdiction with regard to any topic discussed here.

However, in general, we choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

If it is a demo, simply double-click on it and it will expand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The demo is not in toast format, so it doesn't take a genius to realise you're asking how to install an illegally downloaded copy.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep that's how I feel too.

There are forums that have illegal activities like the one you want info on. Take your question there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We don't allow discussion of illegal software.

Please read our forum rules before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.