I-klear screen polish destroyed my screen!

Reaction score
I bought the I-Klear screen polish from the apple store the other day and i tried it out this morning..it seemd ok at the time...

however just an hour ago i dimmed the screen setting to the lowest point, so that basically the entire screen was black and under this setting to my horror i see that the entire screen is covered in smudges and streak marks

now its like they wont come off no matter how much i try polishing it off and its left a bunch of smear/smudges on my screen its almost like the iklear made some kind of greasy film on my screen...

***?!

i specifically asked the sales rep about if it was safe for glossy screens and he said it was...it also says on the case that it was as well.

***!!!!!

anyone else had the same experience??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
i have iklear on my screen and it worked fine, i have a matte screen but I dont see why a glossy would make any difference. I would use the microfiber cloth again and try to put more of the spray on the screen and see if that takes care of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
did you let your computer get completely cold? it behaves much different if it is hot/been on for a while

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i stay awy from any type of chemical on these screens. a little warm water, a soft cloth, and a microfiber glasses cloth to finish it off is all i need.

then again, ive had my mbp for 2 months now, and cleaned it, ONCE.

Reaction score
If your screen was very warm, pretty much all screen and glass cleaners do that at high tempatures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
it is also a 'polish' you need to polish out every drop with a microfibre cloth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i dont trust that kinda stuff on my screens.

nothing ever on my screen that a little warm water and a soft towel doesnt fix.

what do people get on their screens to need windex type stuff is beyond me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15inch Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz Intel DC 2Gb Ram 100Gb +750Gb WD ext *Glossy Screen* ;-)
Well to answer your question of whats gets on a screen that one might use a cleaner to remove, I'll give you a few examples. Morons who point things out on the screen and manage to touch their fat dirty fingers to it. Children who know no better, and women, mothers and lady friends who might not be aware of one's obsessive clean screen tendencies. Here's a tip, I bought a "Monster" screen cleaning kit when I bought my Pioneer Plasma, I use the microfiber and cleaning solution on my screen. Just last night I about had an seizure when I cleaned my Macbook Pro screen for the first time. There were lines and smudges everywhere, but alas as the ambivalent one stated, I kept polishing and wiping with dry parts in an effort to buff it out. 40 seconds later I was finished! You could pick your teeth and comb your hair in my screen when it's off, just the way I like it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I bought the I-Klear screen polish from the apple store the other day and i tried it out this morning..it seemd ok at the time...

however just an hour ago i dimmed the screen setting to the lowest point, so that basically the entire screen was black and under this setting to my horror i see that the entire screen is covered in smudges and streak marks

now its like they wont come off no matter how much i try polishing it off and its left a bunch of smear/smudges on my screen its almost like the iklear made some kind of greasy film on my screen...

***?!

i specifically asked the sales rep about if it was safe for glossy screens and he said it was...it also says on the case that it was as well.

***!!!!!

anyone else had the same experience??

I had the exact same thing happen to me when I first used iKlear on my glossy Macbook screen. The streaks went away the next time I used iKlear (sprayed on the cloth, not the screen) and made sure to rub the screen well with the included cloth. After that, the screen looked as good as new!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.