Dropped Macbook, need help!

Reaction score
Okay, last night I accidentaly dropped my Macbook, and after restarting it everything seemed fine. I went to bed, and this morning I try to start it up, and after the grey screen with the apple and the little spining thing at the bottom, I get to a black screen with a white cursor in the top left. After spending an hour or so trying to restart (I tried Command-Option-P-R which didn't seem to do anything), I managed to get to the login screen. I logged in and found a few of my application icons had changed to something really weird. Some had random photos as icons and others had icons of different applications. I restarted a few times and the icon issue seemed to be resolved. So next I tried to get onto the internet to research my problem, but neither firefox nor safari would work. Next I downloaded the latest updates for my laptop, and after I finished I had to restart. So I restarted, and I'm back to the black screen with the white cursor. More restarting, and I get to another black screen where it says things like

No airport driver found
exited abnormally: Bad system call
respawning too quickly! throttling
5 more failures without living at least 60 seconds will cause job removal
will restart in 10 seconds

and a few times I've seen something like this-
localhoast:/ I have no name!#

A few more things-
The grey screen with the apple and the spining thing sometimes takes forever to get through, like 5 to 10 minutes.
The fall wasn't that high, and there's no external damage such as dents scratches or a cracked screen.

Is my hard drive shot? Is there any way to get my files? Do I need to reinstall OS X or take it to an Apple store?

Sorry for such a long post, but I tried to give you the most amount of info to work with. Thanks for your time, and any and all sugestions and help.

Jeff

(I think I put the wrong thread prefix)

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Jefenry!

Sorry to say this but I don't think you can solve this by software (reinstalling the OS). Sounds to me like some hardware component is going bad or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
when in doubt, ask the guys at the apple store!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
leave the "i dropped it" part out until its time to fess up :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
I'm sure there's some solution following kgeier82 advice; something inside the Mac must have broke down when it hit the ground although there are no visible scratches.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.