Apple Remote battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
The Apple remote that came with my Macbook seems to go through batteries like it's a 10 year old with a pack of chiklets. I barely use it since I've gotten it, but it seems that when I do every time I pick it up to marvel at Front Row or control iTunes I'm greeted with no response. I use the iSight camera to confirm that no light is being emitted and sure enough, I have to take yet another 2032 button out of the package and load up into the remote.

My wife has yet to go through a battery with her remote/Macbook and she uses it more than I do to watch/control DVDs. Not that it's a huge deal, but is it possible that I might have a defective remote and should invoke the Sacred AppleCare Trust? Or is it more likely that I just have had bad luck with a batch of 2032s and I should write a nasty letter to Eveready?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Probably a defective remote although Eveready's are not high quality. Try Energizer or Duracell first.

OP
walkerj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Probably a defective remote although Eveready's are not high quality. Try Energizer or Duracell first.

Eveready = Company who produces Energizers, which is the specific brand of that companies batteries that I'm using.

I'll see if she burns through a few Duracells before I get on the horn to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I use my remote quite a bit, and I've had mine for over a year now, without replacing the battery. It's still using the original.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.