Authenticate for disk management?

Reaction score
My Mac's set up to backup to a firewire hard drive at 3.30pm every Friday using SuperDuper!

Yesterday I cleaned caches using MainMenu and optimised using OnyX.

I popped out for an hour this afternoon and left the Mac to run the SuperDuper! routine, after which it's set to go to sleep.

When I woke it there was a dialogue on the screen asking for authentication to authorise something along the lines of "disk management" – sorry, I failed to make a note of the exact wording.

I don't run day to day on an admin account (just in case), and not knowing what this was I clicked cancel (just in case).

Does anyone know what this was? Was it due to the housekeeping I did yesterday?

Cheers.

M

MacHeadCase

This isn't OnyX asking you for your admin password, right? Because that's how OnyX works, it won't do nothing till you enter the admin password.

I use SuperDuper! as well, but I always run it manually so really can't tell why SuperDuper! would give you this message at all. I did clean out caches right before a manual backup but never had that message.

Surely another member here runs SuperDuper! with a scheduled backup just like you do, MartinS.

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
OnyX said it had to be run through an admin account, so I set up fast user switching and went into the admin account just to run it. I input the password when it asked for it. It all ran OK as far as I can tell.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.