Dinovo Edge

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Currently thinking of picking this gem from Logitech to use my my MBP. I usually have it in clamshell mode (half opened, really) and my ext. monitor. The Dinovo Gen1 I have now is really starting to wear and tear, etc. I would love to pick this up even at the premium, but I've read there are no official drivers for it on Macs. Has anyone used it yet or know of any 3rd party drivers that will utilize all its buttons and functions?

With my Dinovo, it's very touch and go. Sometimes my shortcuts don't work.. other days it's functioning. Sort of like temperamental.

At any rate, I have thought about getting a Apple keyboard but reviews say it gets sticky keys after 6 months and becomes useless.

Some thoughts.. good or bad would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I read a review of one recently about using it with a Mac. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

Where have you seen these "sticky keys" reviews? I've been using mine for over a year now, and have had no problems. We have them at work too, at a vet's office, so there, they are pounded with hair and grime all day, and they've been there for over 6 months now. Still no problems.

OP
S
Reaction score
The reviews are from Apple's own user comments. It gets dirty due to the colour and material, supposedly.

I'm not the most meticulous computer user, so that may be a problem. I'm also very much fond of the Dinovo Edge's look. That said, using a non-Apple keyboard with OS X is a little cumbersome which is compounded by the fact that I'm a new user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, given pretty much anything white will get dirty if you are using it daily. I've never had it get sticky. I clean mine every 6 months or so using q-tips and rubbing alcohol.

M

MacHeadCase

One thing I would make sure before going out to buy a Logitech product is the Mac Support for their products.

I bought a Logitech MX1000 mouse as soon as it was available in Canada a couple of years back and the driver wasn't updated for years. I was hoping for an update because the mouse was behaving very erratically, the cursor jumping all over the screen making it impossible to draw with. I think the driver was eventually updated but I have thrown that darn mouse in the trash a long time ago out of frustration.

I had posted in their Mac user forum and I sure wasn't the only one with this jumping cursor problem!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.