Viewing jpegs in Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
I was wondering if there was a way to make Safari display photos like (dare I say it?) Internet Explorer? If you are viewing someone's web photo album and their pictures are larger than the size of the screen, it shrinks the photo just enough to allow you to see the whole photo. If you mouse over it, a button appears that allows you to view the image full screen. Is this possible in Safari?

~Damien

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Either drag your JPG file onto Safari in the the dock, or 'Get Info' on a JPG file, change the default application to Safari and click 'Change All'.

OP
Thundermoon1994
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
that didn't help. maybe it's not possible. just strange that you can't view the entire picture in safari but you can in internet explorer and firefox.

Reaction score
Safari doesn't have automatic image resizing, unfortunately. I couldn' find a plugin that does this, either.

I don't want to be one of thos "If you don't like it, go back" but whoever makes a web album should size his images appropriately instead junking his webspace with megabytes of files he doesn't need. Just my $0.02 .

But of course, Apple should fix this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.