• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pulse-8 and MacHeadCase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I just wanted to say thank you very much to these two users.. They are always friendly. They are always helpfull and will always bend over backwards to help you solve a problem if they do not know the answer right off the bat.. I really appreciate everything you guys have done to help me and all the users here at M-F.

Reaction score
:dive: Thanks guys ... I don't know what to say ...

::speechless::

That has cheered me up after someone smashed into my car yesterday ...

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

thats horrible.. did you catch the guy/gal?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Opps. That is not good? Are you ok? How messed up is the car?

Anyway, you deserve the praise. You are a very good user here along with MacHeadCase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ditto! I third that motion!

EDIT: Whoops! Several more posts squeezed in ahead of mine. I "fifth" or "sixth" that motion! :dive:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
pulse, you just wait til next MOTM!

i'm very itchy to get that nomination in again. ;)

[you guys do indeed both rock.]

Reaction score
Originally posted by KoDorsean said:
thats horrible.. did you catch the guy/gal?

Opps. That is not good? Are you ok? How messed up is the car?

Anyway, you deserve the praise. You are a very good user here along with MacHeadCase.

A young mother of 3 who is uninsured and living in Housing Department in a underprivileged area, probably unemployed and has no chance of paying me for the damage - backed into me as I was doing a u-turn. Her car has minimal damage but mine is probably a technical write-off (but still perfectly driveable - what do you drive thread.)

It's an honour to help people here and a double honour to be recognised alongside MacHeadCase! Thanks ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Sorry to hear about your car Pulse-8, that sux.

I am guessing that you are OK, since you are here to tell us about it. Thank goodness for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Yay for Pulse-8 and Macheadcase!! :)

Reaction score
Yes we're both fine ...just shocked a little I gues ... I had enough time to throw it into reverse and floor it to avoid the smash but all I got in was a pathetic little toot of my horn ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah you guys are doing great.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes we're both fine ...just shocked a little I gues ... I had enough time to throw it into reverse and floor it to avoid the smash but all I got in was a pathetic little toot of my horn ....

I am just glad you two are ok.. cars can be replaced, people can't.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M

MacHeadCase

I just wanted to say thank you very much to these two users.. They are always friendly. They are always helpfull and will always bend over backwards to help you solve a problem if they do not know the answer right off the bat.. I really appreciate everything you guys have done to help me and all the users here at M-F.

she is out getting tanked at some raging party ;)

Oh my! I wake up this a.m. and see this! I really want to thank you so much! It's so heart warming to be appreciated. I've had some rotten experiences in forums and this thread makes it so good to have found this place.

You all know they don't make members any better than Pulse! He's better than I: sometimes I need to pull back and rest for a few days from trying to help 'cause I just don't have too much gas left in my tank. Once I've rested for a couple of days in the Mac-Forums Members Lounge/Anything Goes sub-forum, I'm ok to go at it again.

But Pulse is always there to help. I really don't know where he finds all his energy.

So along with the rest in here, hats off to you Marty! You are one fine Mac-Forums member! And like eric says, you just watch out next month buddy! You'll have that gold MotM member tag just like eric has!

Besides sometimes we will find solutions just by bouncing off ideas off of each other in Mac-Forums and then whammo! we have all helped a member that has trouble with his/her Mac and got it working fine all over again. So hats off to the Mac-Forums community as well! We are a great bunch of dudes and dudettes!

And as for getting tanked well that was last week... Well a beer here, a beer there and first thing you know, there's beer everywhere.
icon12.gif

Now that is a bummer, Marty. Glad you're all right. Financially it sucks but you both are ok: a credit card can get a car fixed up, health is sometimes something that is very hard to fix when bad stuff happens even with all the money in the world.

Glad you both are ok my friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
What a lovely thread! And absolutely correct, They both make this a better place to be. Many thanks Pulse-8 and MacHeadCase!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What a lovely thread! And absolutely correct, They both make this a better place to be. Many thanks Pulse-8 and MacHeadCase!

Just wanted to put in my "DITTO", Thanks to you both.

Reaction score
Man, 'ya have to stay up all night to be one of the first to say "I agree" ...
bows.gif
- MacHeadCase/Pulse-8

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.