can you get ilife from restore disk?

Reaction score
i have an imac with the restore disks whch have the OS and iLife and everything...i also have a powerbook with the restore disks but it is osx 10.3...so i got 10.4 on there right away but now i need iLife....i found something on one website (http://samsite.ca/blog/?p=32) which is exactly what i need to do....but it talks about making a disk image and changing the OSInstallCache.plist file....once i make the image and mount and stuff there is no OSInstallCache.plist......i really need to figure this out and why its not there or another way to do this someone please help i know this is possible someon out there as to know...just post pack or send me a PM...thanks a lot

OP
A
Reaction score
ILife and restore disk..someone HAS to know this

i have an imac with the restore disks whch have the OS and iLife and everything...i also have a powerbook with the restore disks but it is osx 10.3...so i got 10.4 on there right away but now i need iLife....i found something on one website (http://samsite.ca/blog/?p=32) which is exactly what i need to do....but it talks about making a disk image and changing the OSInstallCache.plist file....once i make the image and mount and stuff there is no OSInstallCache.plist......i really need to figure this out and why its not there or another way to do this someone please help i know this is possible someon out there as to know...just post pack or send me a PM...thanks a lot

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Just buy iLife!

If you have two machines you need two copies of iLife, you can't just go installing it willy-nilly.

Retail OS X doesn't come with iLife IIRC nor does it come with a license for iLife.

Amen-Moses

OP
A
Reaction score
i know that retail osx doesnt come with an iLife license but we all know there are plenty of torrents for everything out there...and i read that there is a way to do use the restore disk from a different machine

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
i know that retail osx doesnt come with an iLife license but we all know there are plenty of torrents for everything out there...and i read that there is a way to do use the restore disk from a different machine

All of which is illegal and breaks the rules of the forum to discuss. :blind:

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.