External Monitor noise

Reaction score
I've tried to hook up a couple different LCD displays to my Macbook Pro(duo-core1 version). I am running powered speaker monitors from the laptop and get noise as soon as I connect display. I'm thinking this is a shielding issue within the Mac Book and I might be SOL but would appreciate anyones input here. Also is there a way to shut off Mac Book display when using external display monitor. Thanks, Steve

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I have the same issue with sound when I connect my MBP CD and I assumed it was a shielding issue too.

As for switch off your display you can either just press F1 to reduce the brightness. Or close the lid and the machine will go to stand by, you can wake it up again with an external mouse/keyboard or the Apple remote control.

I don't think there is a cure for the noise. but thats life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You could try a DVI cable with better shielding...

To switch off the internal display you could always just shut the macbook.
Then press your external mouse or keyboard to waken it whilst it's closed.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
You could try a DVI cable with better shielding...

But the problem is audio, so using DVI would mean using the same audio connection anyway. Unless I am missing something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.