Is Toast worth the money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro -- 2.8 Ghz Unibody (mid 2009); MacBook Air -- 2.13 Ghz, 128 GB SSD; 32 GB iPhone 3Gs
I am a new mac user (2 weeks now) and I must admit that I really like my MBP, I wish i would have switched long ago.

I am really used to using Roxio Easy CD Creator that has come on all my past computers. I was wondering if any of you have used Toast 8 and whether or not it is worth purchasing.

Primarily, I make copies of complete cd's and dvd's to distribute files to others. I also would like to put some of my dvd's on my Ipod so i could watch a movie or two on my next trip.

What are the benefits of using this program? Are there any open source programs that will accomplish the same?

This forum has been real informative to a newbe like myself...keep up the good work!!!

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You might want to read this. They compared 4 of the more popular disc burning software available for the mac.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just bought Toast 8 and I love it. Although a lot of the iLife and iTunes apps can handle CD/DVD burning chores (as will the Finder for data discs), Toast gives you a lot more flexibility and is a lot more efficient to use.

It's a little stiff at $90, but you can find it cheaper elsewhere and there's a $20 rebate at the moment if you've ever owned any other Roxio product in the past.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You might want to read this. They compared 4 of the more popular disc burning software available for the mac.

Great review!

I too use Toast... it is really great to be able to tweak certain settings to fit the exact need. Everything is really easy to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
I use toast all the time and say its 100% worth the money, it has so many features and is over the best burning software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.