Ipod movie converters

Reaction score
I just got my new 30gb ipod and want to convert some movies to dump in it. Whats a good free program to use and how do I do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Isquint for files in your computer
Mediafork for DVD to MP4
Visualhub is also good for files but it's not free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For DVD conversion, the best out there is MediaFork.

Reaction score
I suggest FFmpegX, but you will keep seeing a message if you don't pay for it (located at http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html#ffmpegx), for files on your computer. Mediafork is still in beta according to the download link. So For DVDs, use Handbrake (located at http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html#handbrake). The problem with Handbrake is that Movies like Lords of Dogtown (from personal experience) and Talladaga Nights (from reading another thread) have problems being ripped with it. Of course if you do not like my recommendations, then just go to http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html and select the converter that meets your needs. There are alot of free programs on that site, but there are also programs that you must pay for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I will also suggest MediaFork or iSquint. FFmpegX can be a PITA to get working properly, but if it works for you outright, then it's good, too. So far, though, I have found MediaFork to give very nice quality encodes and can do everything in one shot, so you don't have to babysit MacTheRipper or 0sex.

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow, lots of suggestions. I'm getting the movies off my comp and want it in my ipod. I don't know jack about converting tools but I pick up easy. Seems like Mediafork is the overall consensus for tool of choice, thanks guys. I'll try it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Wow, lots of suggestions. I'm getting the movies off my comp and want it in my ipod. I don't know jack about converting tools but I pick up easy. Seems like Mediafork is the overall consensus for tool of choice, thanks guys. I'll try it out.

If that is the case I suggest you go with isquint as zacman suggested.. I use it all the time and have no issues.. its very quick and easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed. MediaFork is really made for ripping DVDs or Video_TS folders copied form DVDs to your Hard Drive, not already digital media files.

OP
B
Reaction score
Used Videora, read that it has a few bugs but overall it has been really really simple and works. Thanks for the help guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Videora is a Windows program.

Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with that on my PC and tried installing it on a couple of different systems to see if I had the same problems. The trial worked, but for some reason the unlocked versions (3.xx or 5.xx) both gave me problems. Worst $40 I ever spent. They also have zero customer support and their e-mails bounce. I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. I don't trust them and will never buy anything from them again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.