Mac Mini Brightness and Sharp Monitor Problem

Reaction score
Hello. I don't wan't to send my first message to forum about a problem, but it really made me sick.

I have a coreduo 1.66 which is bought from USA. I connected it via Dvi a Samsung 940BW monitor. The problem is : monitor is so bright and sharp that i can't see it more than 15 minutes I controlled 'Color Menu' and Universal Access in System Preferances. I also controlled the monitor's brightness and contrast menus. I coudn't find any way to solve that problem.

(I also try it via VGA cable, and another monitor, it didn't work)

I must say that : I use a adapter attached to power adapter's end point to -i guess- convert 110 volt to 220 volt that is used in country i'm in.

Any ideas for that problem please..:D

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Are you in the UK?

Sounds strange. Is there anyway to test the monitor on another system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am not sure that I understand the problem. When you say that you can't see it for more than 15 minutes, do you mean that it is hard to look at for more than 15 minutes, or that it literally turns off after 15 minutes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, that's strange.

I have a similar Samsung 206BW and haven't had any issues like that.
Are you sure you've turned down the brightness as well as the contrast on the display?

OP
O
Reaction score
-I can't see it for more than 15 minutes because of its brightness, that's the problem:)

-Brightness level : %10, Contrasts : %25.

Monitor still making my eyes tired. Can it be a adjusting duration. Have you ever experienced that continuum?

(My English isn't good, sorry)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The contrast seems a little low - could that be tiring your eyes? I would recommend boosting the contrast to about 75%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
I have the same setup.

Brightness 19
Contrast 75

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, I have mine set to brightness 70, contrast 85.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try raising the refresh rate in system prefs. 60Hz looks sharp and flickery, which some can cope with, others can't. Try 70Hz.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thank you for all. But At 1440x900 resolution, there is only one ref.rate : 60. The others couldn't be activated to select.

Could it be concern about wall plug or its multiplet plug that i set all my cables? Or power adapter of mini which couldn't take electricity voltage it needed? I'm getting paranoid, i think:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoa! For many flat panel displays, you will literally fry the circuitry with refresh rates higher than 60 Hz. I blew up my first flat panel display that way - had to replace it. So, please, no rates higher than 60 Hz unless the manufacturer explicitly says they can support it.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thank you all, but i think i m doing something wrong. It is really making my eyes strained. Have you got any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.