processing power HELP

Reaction score
I have an ibook G4, I bought three years ago to use for music production. I know that I should have purchased something a little more powerful. Lesson learned. I do love my ibook though. My problem is that when I start using delays and reverb it so taxing. My book struggles. I'm using Logic Pro 7, even if I freeze all the other traxs I'm not working on it will still poop out. This brings me to my question. Is there a way I can get more processing power? via upgrade like a different hard drive? I'm at a loss, Obviously... For any one that can help, I apperciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
How much ram do you have?
sounds like you have around 512, this is probolally your problem, i reccomend at least 1GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Logic Pro is a pretty high-end professional app. The iBook really isn't spec'd for that kind of strain. More RAM would help, get the max you can, which I believe would be 1.25 GB. Be sure to close out any other apps while you are using LP7 as well.

The best suggestion might not be the most accessible, which would be to get a PowerBook or a MacBook Pro.

:black:

OP
beats52
Reaction score
Yhea, I kinda knew that was going to be the situation I just wanted to avoid spending thousands if I didn't have to. Thanks guys for your help..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
1-Try closing all other applications that are open

2-setting the virtual memory amount higher to make up for lack of ram

3-Faster RPM hard drive

However if you can afford to, i would also reccomend a more powerfull mac such as macbook pro or mac pro

Hope this helps

OP
beats52
Reaction score
I've started looking around for PB's. Thanks again...

Sorry for putting HELP on the thread. It's my first day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.