.DS_Store and network documents on desktop?

Reaction score
Hey guys, there is a .DS_Store document and a newtork emblem on my dekstop and I am really not sure how they got there. I think I accidently did something in MainMenu when I first downloaded it. Now these are on my desktop and I cannot get rid of them. some help would be great because I do not like things on my desktop! Thanks!

Tim

M

MacHeadCase

You simply asked MainMenu to show invisible files. Just launch MainMenu again and take the invisible files off.

It's in the Finder section...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
.DS_Store are created by the OS X to keep the information about the current location (eg: dimensions (x,y)) and these files should not be touched.

OP
I
Reaction score
You simply asked MainMenu to show invisible files. Just launch MainMenu again and take the invisible files off.

It's in the Finder section...

Yes! That did it, thank you very much! I know not to touch I am not sure of now.

.DS_Store are created by the OS X to keep the information about the current location (eg: dimensions (x,y)) and these files should not be touched.

They are back where they are supposted to be now and will not be touched. Thanks.

-Tim Geary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.