Opening Photoshop CS2 Files

Reaction score
All our MAC clients (10.4.8) can open any files on the server folders they have access to, make updates and overwrite the file, except for photoshop files. When they open the file and go to save it back out it says that the file is locked, even though no one else is uising it. When you look at the rights of the file it says that they have read/write access. Any clues? I am stumped on this one!:eek:neye:

OP
D
Reaction score
Spoke to someone ans I guess Photoshop wants to create a scratch file at the same location where the file was open and it becomes a writes issue....

Does anyone know a work-around?

OP
D
Reaction score
Adobe PS CS2 Issue

We are running PS CS2 9.0.2 on G5's. The issue we are having is that if I do not make a user an Administrator to their computer that when they open up a photoshop file from the network it says it is locked and that have to file-Save As, but if they are a Adminstrator on their computer it works file. Does this rights issue have anything to do with the scratch file? which is on the startup disk. If so, do I need to change permissions on the folder that store s the scratch file> and where is it located.

This only occurs in PS and no othert application

Thank you in advance for an incites!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.