Firewire not working..."not available because Firewirekprintf

Reaction score
My firewire is not working, never has as far as I know. I have two firewire 400 external drives a Western Digital "My Book" 320 GB 4 days old and an Acomdata about a year old. Both work fine using USB but are not detected at all using firewire ports.
When I go to System Profiler and look at the firewire info it says "Normal firewire services are not available because Firewirekprintf is loaded"I don't have a clue how to fix this...
I'm using a Macbook Pro C2D about 2 months old all software upgrades are installed and no other hardware or software is installed. I did a fresh install and have not made any changes except to run software update. BTW it was doing the same thing before the updates as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) / MacOS Monterey 12.6
Firewire on MacBook 2.1 won't recognize external HD

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem with my MacBook 2.1, which I purchased in late June 2007. I have a 160GB Acomdata drive, and it won't recognize it when I plug it in via the Firewire connection. I don't get it, I don't understand why it won't work. When I check Firewire in the System Profiler, it gives me "Firewire Bus: Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec".

Other than that, I'm stumped. No idea why the Firewire won't recognize my Acomdata drive.

- Randy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.