Advice about getting Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some advice, I am looking to purchase a new Macbook Pro.

I see that I can get a Apple MacBook Pro Core Duo 2GHz 15" Notebook for about $1400

Or I can get a Apple MacBook Pro Core Duo 2 for $2000 want to know what the main differences are, I know that the newer version is faster but is it worth the extra cash? Please let me know what you think? :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Well, if all the other specs are the same, then the only difference is that the Core 2 Duo is a 64 bit processor. By putting down the extra $600, you would be buying a little bit longer life for your MacBook. Eventually everything will switch to 64 bits from 32. When that happens, everyone with a 32 bit processor will be SOL. I don't know when Apple plans to phase out the 32 bit processor, but it is probably not going to be that far off. Windows has already started the phase-out with their new release of Vista. There is a 32 and 64 bit version. Apple will probably start doing the same thing over the next few years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Get the Core2Duo if you can afford to. It flat out screams. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.