Adding to Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, OS X 10.4.8
I'm allowed to ask this as i'm only six days old in the macworld :p

I have Adium installed....all good. The icon for launching the application currently resides in 'Applications'.

I would like to add this to the dock so i can start it from there. If i click and drag the icon from 'applications' to the dock, it moves Adium instead of copying it. Is this how you're meant to add items to the dock to start them quicker? I only ask because if i then click on that item and 'remove from dock', where will i be able to launch Adium from as it wont exist anywhere then!

Can someone please clarify this for me, thanks guys =)

Ben.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
That's how you do it. Just drag it from apps to your dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Dragging the Icon from Applications to the Dock, only leaves a Shortcut in the dock... Once the icon is in the dock, go back into your applications folder and it will still be there as well.

Dragging the Icon out of the dock to POOF on the desktop, just removes the icon from the dock.. it will still be in your applications folder.

Hope that helps.

OP
LostDog4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, OS X 10.4.8
so it does!

Thanks guys, =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Also, what you can do, is run the app via your Applications folder or Spotlight it. Once the app opens, an icon for it will appear in the dock. You can either click and hold yourleft, or right click on the icon and choose "Keep in Dock." Like-wise for removing the icon as well.

The easiest way, however, is drag/drop. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.