Major problem with Xerox printer

Reaction score
I have some problems on my G4 Mac... I've installed a Xerox 7400N printer on my 10.4.9, bu it won't print any files or documents...
I've tried in every way to make it work, but since i'm writing here, it means that i've failed...
Anybody knows something more, please help me...
Any aditional information will be posted, if needed...
Thanks...

Reaction score
G'day Martin & welcome to Mac-Forums.

Ok, so you had no issues with the installation? What errors do you get when you try to print something.

Marty

OP
M
Reaction score
No problems... Not even one...
Mac sends that file to printer...
But it seems that the file never reaches to printer...
That's my problem...

Reaction score
Did it used to work before you upgrded the OSX?
When it is 'printing' do lights flash on the Xerox?
Is there anything in the printer queue when you go into Printer Setup on the Mac and open the Xerox printer? Is the queue stopped?
Have you tried a different, known-good cable?
How is it attached, by Ethernet?
Is it on the same subnet?

Need more details than "I've tried everything and it doesn't work".

OP
M
Reaction score
It worked before the upgrade...
When i want to print the file, nothing happens... Printer Setup sends the file, but nothing is happening on the printer... no flashes, no lights... and no...the queue is not stopped, or halted...
It's a network printer, and the computer that I'm printig from is not the only one using that printer... But from every other Mac, it works just fine...and all printers and computers are on the same subnet...
so... this is my problem... i'm thinking of reinstalling Mac, and then see what happens...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I had a similar problem with our Phaser 7300. In printer settings, remove the printer and re-add it.

Make sure the Xerox is ticked under "Sharing" in printers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Allready done that... Infact, that was the fisth thing that I did...
And still, no luck with the printer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Is there anyway you can just plug it straight into your Mac for a test, bypassing the network?

OP
M
Reaction score
there is no way... since the computer is on the third floor, and printer is on second... but, every other Mac can normally print... checked PPDs, drivers, checked on other systems, then copied system parameters, and still... i'll just throw priner away... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.