Startup Battery power

Reaction score
I was wondering how much power it takes to start up the average MacBook, which is only a few months old. If I am going to be away for ten minutes should I shut it off or let it sleep or turn the screen off or just leave it all on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I leave my mac book to sleep mainly for period of up to 2 hours when i would shut it down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I don't know for sure, but 1.21 gigawatts seems to stand out as a unit of power in my mind, so I assume that that must be it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, OS X 10.4.8
All things electrical, macbooks alike, would much prefer not to be switched on and off. If ever something physical goes wrong with a computer, mac or pc, its normally during the start up or shut down stages. TV's, Hi-Fi's etc, they would all much rather be left on standby than turned off at the mains.

Ten minutes ? Definately don't bother shutting it down, unless you're on your last bits of juice. Just make sure your power management is all set up as you like it, and let it run its course. Screen savers and sleeping etc.

Ben.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Great Scot! You've never heard of the flux capacitor upgrade?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.