Urgent- Powerbook has gone completely crazy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Okay, so I came back from lab earlier today when I took my laptop out of my bag to find that the machine would not turn on. Baffled by this, I plugged it into a power outlet using my AC adaptor, and sure enough it worked! Except my computer was acting as if it had no memory of system settings, and when I logged in it had the clock set to the default Unix 0-time all macs arrive thinking is correct. I soon discovered that the computer would not run off the battery at all, and when I next turned it on it had every bit of amnesia. And now I notice that even a lot of my programs have lost their settings (though I reset the NVRAM as an attempt to brute-force the issue if it could be solved in so simple a manner, so that may have caused it). Has anyone encountered this sort of thing before and had it not be a hardware issue that they had to send it to Apple for? Well, I'll take whatever advice I can get from you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It seams like both your regular battery and you pram battery are dead, but there could be many more reasons for this. But thats my first guess.

OP
Discerptor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
It seams like both your regular battery and you pram battery are dead, but there could be many more reasons for this. But thats my first guess.

My computer continues to claim that my regular battery is 93% charged... I don't see why it would die so soon either. Then again, the PRAM battery being dead would be even worse. ><

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.