What is this all about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
Well, I just completely restored my 17" powerbook to give to my brother. Did a full install. Everything was working just fine before the restore.

Well, I'm currently updating some of the software and for some reason I CONNOT get a disc inside the slot. Before the restore it was fine, infact I even ejected the restore disc just fine. But now when trying to install some software, I can't get a disc inside the slot.. it's like it's blocked by something inside (on the right side from what I can tell).

Anyone have any ideas? i tried resetting the PMU already, as well as pulling the battery and putting it back in and restarting.

I dont have time to take this to any sort of apple store, does anyone have any ideas?

it's a 17" 1.33 powerbook.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
I also tried restarting it while holding down the trackpad button. Didn't work. I dont see why this would all of a sudden just happen.

It's driving me nuts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.