Keyboard

F

Fomer

How do I remove the keys? The whole thing or just a key at a time, is it even possible? I have a bunch of tiny hairs and lent and.... misc? That is to strenious to get with anything I need the keys out of my way. :)

(I have the newest model of the Powerbook the combodrive... not super with backlit)

OP
T

tonedogg

Get a can of compressed air from the computer store...this will last you a while and take care of the hairs, crumbs and things like this that dirty up key boards and other spaces. Plus you will not have to worry about breaking a key off. The iBook keyboard comes off quite easily...but not the powerbook.

OP
P

PC HATER

if it is like the ibook keys, you can actually pull them off it is a little risky,but it works.
I do it all the time, on my old ibook always works. everyso often a piece will come off,but i can fix it. i would not do it unles you really have to,but it can be done. I just did it now.

OP
A

adam80

Its not really that risky, they come off very easily and go on easily, the tricky part is getting the plunger mechanism back on there. There is a detailed description of how to do it in the knowlegebase as I did this a couple weeks ago. I would first try the canned air first to see if that works though..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.