I think I have thrown a fan

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Ok I just picked up my MBP to use it on my sofa. When I noticed when I turned it 90 degrees I heard a small rattle. My fans have been a little loud too for the past few days (wineing noise). I will take here in for repair asap, but its going to be realistically Thursday or Sunday.

Anyone else experienced this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I don't have my MBP just yet, but I just wanted to comment on the thread name. I really like it for some reason...

Reaction score
Sorry man but that really hit me funny...``I think I have thrown a fan"...Bwahahahah. REP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
not saying it isnt possible, but i dont think there is enough room in the case for the fan to get knocked off....you could have a little something (piece of plastic etc...) that got in the case and is getting knocked around by the fans.

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
lol, I think you all missunderstood. I mean a little bit of plastic may have came off my fan and is rattleing around inside my system. It would explain the change in fan noise in the last week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
gotcha....i think thats definately possible....take it in and have it checked out is my advice

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Yeah, I am going to, I figure I will pick up either a mini or macbook while I am there too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
I had the same "rattling"-noise with my MBP. Dont bother taking it to the Apple store, just call Apple and they will send you a box...the whole process takes about less than a week. You dont need to have the Apple protection plan, because it should be covered under the 1 year hardware warranty.

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Ok but I live 40 minutes from an apple store, and I work 20 minures from it. So I will go when I get time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.