Removing Icons from the Menu bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
Hi guys,

I'm getting annoyed at the moment, whenever I'm using firefox the menu covers p my Gmail notifier icon in the menu bar.

There's 2 icons that I don't use and if removed I'd be able to see my precious notifier and be able to get to my email withought send all my windows off screen and clicking on the desktop.

Is there any way of removing these icons? The icons in question are the Network Preferences icon and the VPN icon.

Failing being able to remove them is there a way I can shuffle them around so I can see my gmail notifier?

Cheers,

Reaction score
G'day tom hoyle.

Press and hold Command and click on the icon to either remove as you would from the Dock (poof effect), or just drag to a new position.

OP
tom_hoyle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
G'day tom hoyle.

Press and hold Command and click on the icon to either remove as you would from the Dock (poof effect), or just drag to a new position.

Wonderful, thank you very muc. Now i can even use my clock icon while firefox is open!

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.