Looking for CAD Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
Hi guys,

I'm currently waiting to enroll on an evening course in using AuoCAD 2006 at a local college so that I can progress o become a CAD Draughtsman.

I've looked into AutoCAD and have downloaded the free trial (I can't quite aford the full program) onto my parents Windows PC because you can't get a MAC version.

Could any of you sugges a decent CAD program designed for use on OS X? Preferably one tha is very similar to AutoCAD!

Thanks,

M

MacHeadCase

Hello tom_hoyle!

You might want to check this website, Architosh, which specializes in all things CAD and 3D for the Mac. They post reviews and news and if ever you want to have user feedback on apps just ask in the forums there, you will get opinions from hands on experience.

Hope this helps. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
your alternative option is 2 dual boot with windows using boot camp or parralel and install a cad application there
my school uses pro desktop :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Your best bet is to run AutoCAD on your Mac through Boot Camp. There are options for CAD programs on a Mac, but nothing that I have used comes close to being as good as AutoCAD. All CAD programs are different, and if you are learning on AutoCAD, having some cheap imitation probably wouldn't help you at all. You probably know just as well as I do that learning any CAD program is lots of work and a hassle.

Check and see if AutoCAD is available through your school bookstore. At my school bookstore, they offer a discounted copy. If you do ever buy the program, keep in mind that the "Lite" version doesn't include 3-D stuff. It's only 2-D. But instead of wanting $4,000 for AutoCAD, the bookstore only wants about $400.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here you will find alternate CAD software, price ranging from $0 to $999. I personally prefer TurboCAD($99)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Hey guys, his Mac specs say iBook, so he can't boot camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I was thinking the same thing after I made my post. I still don't believe that there is a program that even comes close to AutoCAD in terms of options and ease of use. I'm going to say get AutoCAD and just stick with a PC then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.