Installing from HD disk image...

Reaction score
ok, so i have 10.4.6 on my hard drive as a disk image from a DVD, and i am trying to instal it onto my G3 iBook which doesn't have a DVD drive. i have played with the disk utility and it wont let me do anything with it.

any suggestions as to how i can install it??

the disk mounter says i cannot mount it because "no mountable file systems". not through disk utility, but by double clicking on the image icon.

when i use disk utility and click mount, it says that its mounting but no extra disk appears. and no error message appears.

oh and im running 10.3.9 at the moment.

OP
R
Reaction score
can i do the same thing at home, i.e. break up the single .dmg file into several smalller ones that will allow boot from cd??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
can i do the same thing at home, i.e. break up the single .dmg file into several smalller ones that will allow boot from cd??
No you need to use Apple's forms

OP
R
Reaction score
ok thankyou, is the reason i cand install it from the HD because its the DVD form of it??

would i be able to boot from a usb HD??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.