Dock Station Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Hello, I hope I am saying this correctly, but I have a problem with my Dock Station. Well at first when I purchased my MacBook, when I ran the mouse pointer over the Icons, they would turn big. Now they don't. Is there a way I can enable that again. It was pretty coool. Any advice will be helpful and please correct me if I am wording the Dock incorrectly. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Go to System Preferences > Dock and check the "Magnification" box. You can also change the size if you like.

Reaction score
G'day NeoGreen,

What you're experiencing is normal behaviour and nothing to worry about. You can toggle that effect ("the Magnification effect") on/off and it's just been turned off.

Go to the Blue Apple icon in the top left on your Desktop and click and scroll to Dock and then go to Dock Preferences in the contextual menu that appears.

Next look under 'Dock Size' where it says "Magnification:"

There is a check box to the left of it and you need to tick it for the Magnification to be enabled.

Have a play with the other settings there to see what is possible.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Thanks for the information, I didn't realize that option was there. thanks I appreciated the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.