10.3.3 comments?

Z

zanoncello

So who has updated and whats their experiences with it?

I just installed and I love the new way of accessing network computers.
I haven't noticed any other changes/updates (safari? mail.app?)

Post what you have noticed or found that has changed.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since I just started using 10.3.3 after coming from 10.2.8. I can not tell what the differences are. So far everything looks good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
So far I have seen nothing special, runs great! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I'm still running just play 10.3 I suck :p

COMCAST IN TWO DAYS!! then I'll download te update :p

OP
T

trenollet

Ran the update yesterday, no problems that I can see. I haven't messed with much as far as the network goes, but I guess I'll dive in later today and see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Networking is the biggest improvement. My bro told cause he does that, I don't. There was a repair to one permission after the install, no biggie... all seems great! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
yea i had one permission repaired

OP
T

TylerMoney

yes, I noticed right away that the networking is doing much better. I haven't had any problems yet..fixin to run diskutility....

OP
S

StarManta

I updated last night and haven't noticed any big changes. Expose has been acting strangely... Anyone else noticed any changes? I can no longer use Mouse Button 4 (what I normally use for Application Windows) to come out of Expose - only to go into it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Expose is totally normal with me, and I never left the single - hit Mac Mouse :) I got quickly happy with the keyboard shortcuts, and I was a HUGE right clicker in doz :p so far it's all great here :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I like MacMice's The Mouse - its just like the Apple Mice but with two buttons and a scroll wheel. I've got it set up with expose no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Speaking of mice.. apparently Apple is going to come out with a new mouse that uses the iPod's scrollwheel technology.. not sure how it's going to work, but I can't wait to see it.. they speculate around the WWDC in June.

OP
S

StealthMode

Yes!!! Finally the network has been tweaked! My netwoork works again finally. I really like this better than before. For some reason I could never view my winblowz machines drives, they'd always turn into folders and I wouldn't be able to access anything, and then one day it would work again, then it would quit. Now it works seemless again :D Other that this, I've not noticed anything else new.

Stealth -

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After about a week, I have had not problem. Looking good here.

OP
C

C Jerome

Yes I have a problem, Mail opens really slowly now, whats up with that. I have to run disk first aid, but I forgot my CDs at home(i am at school). Do you know if I can use any 10.3 CD or does it have to be the same serial number?

Jerome

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure why you want to run disk first aid, but You don't need a serial number. If you have another CD with 10.3 on it, you should be able to work i=with it.

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

YES THE DVD PLAYER IS NOW WORKING! W00T! i couldn't even play my dvds i made of my home movies, and cyberlink or interevideo didn't think it was nessecary to make a mac version, but now i odn't need it! THANK YOU APPLE!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.