browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
so i dont use safari because atleast twice a day it says unexpected error has occured and i have to close it
with firefox, sometimes something happens whenever I click a link it wont load, and at this point firefox wont quit no matter how many times i press apple Q, so i have to force quit it
I have 1.25gb of memory

also I am using my browser almost 75percent of my day due to my job

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Sadly many websites aren't still 100% compatible with browsers other that Internet Explorer. It is likely that the ActiveX and incompatible coding cause intermittent crashes. My only solution is to install different browsers and use them on trial and error basis.

Here are some alternatives you can try.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would recommend you disable any add-ons you may have installed on Firefox, I've been running it since I bought my MacBook Pro and have never had a single bad page render or a crash.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the only add on i have is DOM inspector and I just disabled that?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i disabled it, this is what happned
i xd out firefox, double clicked it again, and there was no window, i had to goto file new window
so i went back to enable it

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i disabled it, this is what happned
i xd out firefox, double clicked it again, and there was no window, i had to goto file new window
so i went back to enable it

I'm not sure what's going on there, but that seems like an awful lot of instability and it seems atypical of what the average user sees. Firefox is a fairly mature product now and is extremely popular, even among Mac users. Page rendering problems should be few and far between, especially now that Firefox has such a significant market share overall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
http://www.deskbrowse.com/

works great, uses little ram and never crashes and i have never had a site not work. the only problem is it is kinda a simple browser so it doesn't have all the features some would like but i like it simple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.