Mp3 Tagger

Reaction score
I'm looking for a free mass tagger for mp3 files. Something like Tag&rename for windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
iTunes will do this just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
L

LBmtb

For automatic tagging of iTunes music use iEatBrainz (do a google search). It Finds songs in iTunes with incomplete tags, searches a database online and fills in the blanks or fixes bad tags. Works surprisingly well.

Rarely the default tag that it wants to use for a certain song is wrong but you can select the right one from a small list of possible tags. So just scroll through it to check before you commit the update to iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
For automatic tagging of iTunes music use iEatBrainz (do a google search). It Finds songs in iTunes with incomplete tags, searches a database online and fills in the blanks or fixes bad tags. Works surprisingly well.

Rarely the default tag that it wants to use for a certain song is wrong but you can select the right one from a small list of possible tags. So just scroll through it to check before you commit the update to iTunes.

This works OK with the latest version of iTunes? I'm wondering since it hasn't been updated since 2005.

Reaction score
iTunes will do this just fine.

What version of the ID3 tag do the latest versions of iTunes and Cog use?
When I played mp3 files in Cog, the tags created by iTunes didn't display correctly; is there some kind of compatibility issue here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.