Couple Questions.....???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
First Question:...... Is it possible to switch from Windows to Mac without restarting and selecting the volume???

Next Question: (a little more complex)

I have an old PC that had trouble starting up... I want to get the stuff off that harddrive.... is there a way to remove that harddrive from my old PC and hook it up to my laptop (treating it as an external HD) to remove/save files off that HD? Is there some sort of cable/cord/ *something* that will let me connect to it using my laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
first question, the answer is simple, first of all this is not possible with boot camp, you to restart and select the volume. But with parallels you can start a windows virtual machine and have mac os and windows up at the same time, the only problem is you can't do everything with parallels, well basically there is no graphics, so you can't do anything to 3d intensive like games and what not.

for number 2 if you purchase a external case you should be able to install it into the case and get the information off....you may have to connect it to another pc though not a mac, if the drive has a different format then mac, i am not to sure about the external drive stuff and all but i think it should work.

OP
MACyMouse
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Ok then...... so first question...... I guess I've been off on keeping up to date with "stuff".... where/how do you get this Parallel *software?* Is this off the apple website? I'm not a gamer but I often have to switch alot and is a pain sometimes..

Second question..... thanks or the quick response... that may work... so if I run my windows platform, it may be possible to hook up that way? But also wondering about the HD containing an os on it... I'm thinking it shouldn't affect anything?
Almost in a sense where as I can see my Windows HD on my Mac side... be much the same thing??? (feel like I"m talking in circles..... did that make sense?) :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.