Buying a used intel iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP 2.53GHz, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 4GB Ram
Hi,

I've seen a 20" 2.16ghz core 2 duo, 2GB Ram iMac for £700 (around $1400) - it still has 8 months warranty on it but doesn't come boxed or with the original installation cd's.

1) Sound like a good deal?

2) Is it risky buying without the installation cd's? Or could I just purchase an extra copy of tiger and use to re-install if I ever needed to (obviously the OS would install, but do the original cd's contain specific drivers?).

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The Intel Mac install disks contain the Intel version of Tiger. The normal off-the-shelf version won't work at all. You need the disks for the machine you have. I think Apple will sell you a set, though.

Sounds like a good deal, though.

OP
gillms1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP 2.53GHz, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 4GB Ram
thanks for the reply - I'll e-mail apple and ask them if they offer the installation cd's.

Reaction score
I would check Apple refurbished. Their prices are really close to that, may even be cheaper. Also it will come with a 1 year warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.