Macky 911! Didn't want to wake up from sleep!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Ok, this just happened and I'm alittle freaked out. I closed my macbook. Ten minutes later I come back I open the lid and nothing!! Didn't wake up from sleep but the light was still "sleeping" I pressed the power button and nothing! I unplugged the ac adapter and pressed the power button again. It finally came back, I got the grey screen and then my desktop came back but it was grey!! And then it did something...there were little bars towards the bottom like if something was loading. Then it went back to color...all seemed fine and then I noticed my keyboard was not responding!! I restarted again using my trackpad (which is working fine) and now everything is back to normal.

What just happened???

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did you try just hitting the spacebar or any other key on the keyboard when you opened it?

sometimes this works for me if it doesn't wake itself on open.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Yup, I tried that and nothing...Well, everything seems to be fine now...weird.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've only had a couple weird incidents like that. holding the power down until it shut off and a restart has always fixed it (so far).

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, that did the trick...I hope there was no damage done. I don't think so, I even did the Apple Hardware test and it said everything was fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
The first part of your problem was an odd bit of deja vu. Fortunately, you were able to get yours up and running again. I hope you don't have to send yours in!

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh no Macky had another brain fart!

How weird?

my MB went to sleep and didn't want to wake up...hit the spacebar and nothing. Touched the trackpad and nothing. So I held the power button and it turned off. I turned it back on and then when I was back at my desktop it said that Mac OS X had quit unexpectedly.

Every now and then Macky has these brain farts. Any idea what happened? Should I be concerned? Everything seems normal now.

I'm definitely buying apple care! ;)

J

jamesx

maybe it was really tired... mine did this too once but has been fine ever since...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.