Old or New Headphones Included?

Reaction score
I intend on getting the second-generation iPod shuffle this weekend, but I am confused as to what headphones come with it. Apple's website shows the image of their new headphones next to the iPod shuffle. When you go to check out though, they ask if you want to purchase the new iPod headphones. Additionally, a lot of review sites say that the iPod shuffles ships with the old ones.

So which is it? Does the new iPod shuffle come with the old or the new headphones?

Also, I have a iPod nano that I don't use anymore. The reason is that my PC crashed a while ago and I lost all of the music from the iTunes store that I bought. I think the answer to this question is, "no" but just in case: If I purchased music from the iTunes store, can I redownload it again without being charged again or is my music gone for good?

OP
D
Reaction score
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable...uds-telling-the-old-box-vs-the-new-232936.php

It took me a few hours to answer my own question, but there is a way to tell what kind of headphones you are getting with your iPod shuffle.

The apple logo will be green on the iPod Shuffle package that contains the old headphones. Alternatively, the apple logo will be silver/gray on the iPod shuffles that contain the new headphones. Apparently this only applies to the silver iPod shuffle.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable...uds-telling-the-old-box-vs-the-new-232936.php

Reaction score
I bought a pink one
it had the new ones

the new ones suck though
feel like loose rocks in my ear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
the little rubber bits on the new headphones fall off in time

All the new ipod shuffles not ship with the new headphones, if you purchase the origional 2nd gen ipod shuffle it will come with classic ipod headphones, which i personally think are the better of the two

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I intend on getting the second-generation iPod shuffle this weekend, but I am confused as to what headphones come with it. Apple's website shows the image of their new headphones next to the iPod shuffle. When you go to check out though, they ask if you want to purchase the new iPod headphones. Additionally, a lot of review sites say that the iPod shuffles ships with the old ones.

So which is it? Does the new iPod shuffle come with the old or the new headphones?

Also, I have a iPod nano that I don't use anymore. The reason is that my PC crashed a while ago and I lost all of the music from the iTunes store that I bought. I think the answer to this question is, "no" but just in case: If I purchased music from the iTunes store, can I redownload it again without being charged again or is my music gone for good?

If you get a new multi-colored shuffle it will come with the new earbuds.. if you get a silver one as stated above by another poster check the color of the text/apple in the shuffle package. green = old, silver = new.

the answer to your second question is a yes/no.. if the tune/movie/game you bought from the itunes store are still on the ipod then you can get them back on to your computer.. If the tune/movie/game is not on your ipod or backed up in any way the answer is no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you get a new multi-colored shuffle it will come with the new earbuds.. if you get a silver one as stated above by another poster check the color of the text/apple in the shuffle package. green = old, silver = new.

the answer to your second question is a yes/no.. if the tune/movie/game you bought from the itunes store are still on the ipod then you can get them back on to your computer.. If the tune/movie/game is not on your ipod or backed up in any way the answer is no.

you will need one of the following programs to get the music off your ipod

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/
http://ipoddisk.ourbiti.com/
http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/musicrescue/

Reaction score
why not just open the ipod as a folder on your computer then copy all the music files onto your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
why not just open the ipod as a folder on your computer then copy all the music files onto your computer?

Generally an ipod is set as just an ipod and not as use as a disk drive, another problem is that the files wont appear as apple wouldve thourght of something like this when they made it to stop piracy

Reaction score
All you have to do is add them to itunes "Add folder to library" and then have it automatically organize everything.. it'll rename the files to their correct names.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.