How to swap the fn key with apple key

Reaction score
new to a mac and do a lot of copy and paste. using the apple key and c/p key is a difficult change. I would like to use the fn key for the copy/paste. does anyone know of a way to swap these keys?

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes i know that. i am trying to swap the Command (Apple) key + V to fn key + V.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Why is it whenever anybody calls it the Apple key, somebody points out that it's actually the Command key?

It has a picture of an apple on it, why don't we just call it the Apple key!

Anyway, go to System Settings, Keyboard and Mouse, and click "Modifier Keys..." You can then swap the Fn and Apple keys around. Obviously this will swap ALL the keypresses around for those buttons, but it's the best I can do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Why is it whenever anybody calls it the Apple key, somebody points out that it's actually the Command key?

Because it's not "the Apple key." It's the Command key. If you're reading through the documentation, either in a manual or on the web or on Apple's Support site, you'll need to know what it's called. Otherwise, you'll be confused.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, sure, but don't go into a florist and ask for a dozen thorny flowers for valentines day. You'll just get laughed at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
<- is having a heckuva time maintaining a proper HTTP session....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Originally Posted by thermidor

Because it's not "the Apple key." It's the Command key. If you're reading through the documentation, either in a manual or on the web or on Apple's Support site, you'll need to know what it's called. Otherwise, you'll be confused.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, sure, but don't go into a florist and ask for a dozen thorny flowers for valentines day. You'll just get laughed at.

i love that last comment hehe

But i do call it the apple key rather than command key simply because the is a nice apple printed on there :D
I guess i will have to learn to use the correct grammar when i refer to it in future cases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i call it the apple key too, mostly because i gave my ibook g3 to my g/f who goes to school 2 hours away and thus have to help her troubleshoot over the phone..

"do see the key with the little apple on it??"
"OHHHH!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.