glossy vs matte screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
this might be a newb question but here goes..

will it say on the box or anywhere if the screen is glossy or matte??

ill be buying my mbp from compusa because they have better finance options and im able to get a lower price on the 15.4" mbp with 2.33ghz. and i do not want a glossy screen because i dont want a glare.

thanks guys!

EDIT TO ADD: i didnt want to make a new thread for this so ill just add it here

where can i get a sleeve for the 15.4" mbp that would have a compartment for the charger? i dont want a bag just a sleeve so i can keep the mbp and charger together at all times

Reaction score
just ask them whether they are offering either the gloss or matte mbp

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i will..but i dont think that the guys that work there are all too bright..so i was looking to see if there was some kind of indication on the box or anywhere else

Reaction score
As for the sleve I don't think there are any I think there just too slim for what you want. I myself have this one it preety good, I have my earphones, AC charger, mouse, extension cord, some papers, remote, ethernet cable, and what am I missing ... oh yeah the MBP. It has tons of places to put your stuff. It also has about 1/2 inch padding on both side to hug the laptop. As for the glossy and matte, mine is a matte. It didn't say anything in the box so I'm guessing if it desn't say anything in the box it is matte.

Link:clicky

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you c2b, the bag is nice..but im going to be using my bookbag to carry my mbp along with a textbook, notebook and folder. i wasnt planning on buying a laptop just yet but ive come to learn that i have to take at least 10 pages of powerpoint notes in a class and i simply cant write as fast as the prof goes through the lecture and end up missing pages of notes. thats why im buying a mbp.

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...tudent_Laptop_Shuttle_for_15_4_inch_Notebooks

i was looking at that ^^ but they dont carry it in the store so i guess ill just have to order it online.

as for your info about your mbp being matte and not saying anything on the box can someone with a glossy tell me if your box indicated if it was glossy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I have my box handy and there is no place on it that specifies Glossy or Matte. 0y guess is the part number on the box is different but I could not tell you in what way.

I too was looking for a sleeve which will hold a power supply. This is what I ended up getting: http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-ii-black.html

The MBP fits in MINT!! and its well protected. This is basically a sleeve with a little extra padding. However I added this little accessory from the same company: http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-ac-adapter-pocket.html

This attaches to the side of the case and is a custome fit for the MagSafe power supply. I absolutely LOVE it!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that case/sleeve you got looks nice and thin, do you think you could measure the thickness of it?

i like the little magsafe holder you got if i feel that the case/sleeve is too thick i might get the magsafe holder and but a diffrent type of sleeve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its about 2 1/2 inches thick. Thats with AND without the MBP. It doesn't change thickness whether the MBP is in it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
itll say glossy or matte in bold letters on the outside of the box on the label.

if i recall, it was the only thing in bold

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
itll say glossy or matte in bold letters on the outside of the box on the label.

if i recall, it was the only thing in bold

your my hero...along with everyone else who helped in this thread

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I got the matte screen in December, looking at the box now, there is nothing on my box to indicate which screen is enclosed.

Reaction score
do you think the brentahaven edge II holding a macbook pro would fit in a north face borealis backpack with a notebook and a textbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just checked it out on The North Face's website. I think it will fit depending on what else you have in the pack. it will be a tight fit width-wise.

Reaction score
check pelican.com... they supply the military or any defense contractors... they have watertight, dust tight, crush proof, pressurized, foam fitted cases. you can literally submerge the case in the ocean and no water will get in. i use them for my Canon 30D with lenses and guns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Ya, I have the glossy screen (which I freaking hate) and nowhere on my MacBook's box does it indicate which one it is. I'm guessing it's embedded in the part number...

Reaction score
This is probably a repeat question but is Matte screen best for Web & Graphic Design work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
when i bought my mac it said GLOSSY on the side of the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
i guess mine said GLOSSY outside the box. I still have it. Will take a look tonight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.