iBook Freaking Out!

K

klumick

i was just browsing the internet and chatting with friends, when all of the sudden my screen on my 14" g3 iBook went crazy, those sharp lines you get when you dont have cable on your tv are what it was similar to, i took some pictures of the message that was posted on the screen. here
they are. http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Zachary/?action=view&current=DVC00938.jpg i hope u can help me out
oh and it also does this http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Zachary/?action=view&current=DVC00944.jpg

OP
P

PC HATER

sorry to say but you have a fried logic board ya know all the logic board problems the g3's have been having, **** that has got to ruin your day. once again sorry for your loss

OP
K

klumick

PC HATER said:
sorry to say but you have a fried logic board ya know all the logic board problems the g3's have been having, **** that has got to ruin your day. once again sorry for your loss

what exactly is a logic board? and how much will this cost to get repaired or replaced?

OP
P

PC HATER

yeah try that link, but basically the logic board is the computers way of understanding video and bassically what ya see. this has actually happened to my school g3, its also called no video or so i have heard. The cost to repair really varies. i would say from 250- 450 it really depends on the deal ya get and that 450 was before apple relized the logic board failures. i would say anything more than 250 now is just a ripp off. it is a established problem. you might also want to check with apple they might be able to deal with it if they are in a good mood. i realy hope for the best(good luck) They might, if ya pitch a fit, even replace the whole system

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.