Sprint aircards and our Macbooks?

Reaction score
Guys and gals,

I did a search on this but came up empty.

Does anyone know if I can hook up a Sprint or Verizon aircard to my Macbook for an internet connection?

I'm about to get transferred to a new fire station that doesn't have a connection!:rolleyes:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They do make a USB adapter if you're willing to spend the money.

OP
H
Reaction score
Yep you can do it through Verizon or Sprints new USB720 modem "air card" but it can be a little pricey especially if you are just supplementing your service like me (already have DSL at home).

What I'm trying to do now is use my Motorola V3 Razor as a bluetooth hub. I've done everything but I think I need the 'data plan' on my account before it'll let the internet go through. But the Macbook does make it pretty easy to set up, all the drivers seem to be there.

If anyone has any tips or tricks I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Lee

Reaction score
I just signed up with Sprint using the USB Novatel Ovation 720. I used my windows pc to activate the card, then downloaded the drivers from the Sprint site. Since I'm new to Macs it took me about 2 hours to get the settings right etc. I'm using it now and have great speeds. The only downside is I can't show the connection speeds, windows does that. But not a big deal to me, its moving faster than my airport connection was.
They have a special now until Feb. 17th I think, instant savings and a mail-in rebate. It is $59.99 a month, and no cellular service required for me. I don't have any other internet connection so I'm happy with it.

Here is a link to a site that helped me get the settings right.
http://5thirtyone.com/archives/733

The only issue I've had is that when I disconnect or remove the card, it resets all of the settings and I have to set it all back up again. I lock the settings but I'm obviously missing something lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 2GB Ram
Sprint USB

I am using the Sprint USB card on my mbp as I type
The cool thing about it is you can use it on any computer that has a usb port

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.