Boot Camp +Windows , Keyboard, CD Dont respond

Reaction score
I tried using Boot Camp to install Windows, but when the screen pops during Windows installation asking for the partition, the keyboard wont work and the CD drive wont eject either.

I'm stuck in this cycle where the Windows install comes up each time. What do I do? Please help.

Thanks,
Abhinav

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I tried using Boot Camp to install Windows, but when the screen pops during Windows installation asking for the partition, the keyboard wont work and the CD drive wont eject either.

I'm stuck in this cycle where the Windows install comes up each time. What do I do? Please help.

Thanks,
Abhinav

You need a copy of the Windows XP CD with SP2 integrated. Older versions won't work.

Try this website to create an XP CD with SP2 integrated.

OP
A
Reaction score
You need a copy of the Windows XP CD with SP2 integrated. Older versions won't work.

Try this website to create an XP CD with SP2 integrated.

I have a Media Center 2005 DVD. I assume that it should have SP2 on it. In any case, how to I remove this CD and boot into Mac because my computer keeps booting into the CD each time.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a Media Center 2005 DVD. I assume that it should have SP2 on it. In any case, how to I remove this CD and boot into Mac because my computer keeps booting into the CD each time.

I'm not sure if Media Center 2005 is installable via Bootcamp. Apple is very specific that it be Windows XP SP2.

For now, press and hold the Option key, turn on your laptop and when prompted, click on your Macintosh HD. Then, go into System Preferences and set your Startup Disk to Macintosh HD.

Once you get a usable CD, you can again boot to it using the Option key held-in during startup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.