How to turn off the IMAC screen with Windows XP?

Reaction score
Hi, I've installed windows xp on my IMAC 24" but there's no way to make it turn off the screen. I've checked the energy saving settings but if I tell it to turn off the screen after (i.e.) one minute, it refuses to do it.
Is it a known problem? Mac OXS and Windows Vista are able to turn it off. Why XP can't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
That is unusual, my macbook's screen turns off as scheduled after x minutes when I am using XP. I don't know if the iMac is any different in terms of screen power issues. The only time that I am using XP is when driving and using Streets and Trips with a GPS receiver for directions. The screen turns off as part of the power saving process, this isn't an issue for an iMac.

Inside of the Power options under the Screen Saver tab, have you made sure that you did not accidentally select a different Power Scheme that may not shut off the monitor?

OP
L
Reaction score
No, I've set up the correct configuration and tryied different options to see if it works but nothing.
It looks like XP doesn't manage the monitor drivers in the correct way. I've installed Vista and the screen turns off in the desired way.

I've an iMac 17" (with core DUO, not core 2 DUO as the other one) and XP does the job without problems! Very strange... anyone else knows if it is a known issue? Is there a way to solve it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
This is mostly ignorance speaking, but maybe try reinstalling the bootcamp drivers?

I think that I'm just drawing a blank without being able to see it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.