• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What are you reading right now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
just got done reading; Deliverance by James Dickey... most of you have already saw the movie, but honestly the book is a great read...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
I am reading a biography on Beethoven by Lewis Lockwood. Very intresting if your into that stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Rereading A People's History of the United States 1492-Present

Howard Zinn

Rereading Ender's Shadow

Orson Scott Card

The Human Stain is in the bullpen

Phillip Roth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Currently reading:

I just finished:

and am also reading through Patrick O'brians Aubrey-MAturin series again. Currently on:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Daniel Tammet: Born on a Blue Day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
W.E.B. Griffen - The Corps (Book 1). I read the 2nd one on the deployment i just got off of and it read just like the Brotherhood of War series that i have read several times. if you like historical and military fiction, these are great books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Not really currently reading anything because of schoolwork, but i have a few books lined up...
Steven Coonts - The Intruders
Steven Coonts - The Minotaur
Steven Coonts - Under Siege
David abd Leigh Eddings - The Redemption of Athalus

The last book I read for pleasure was...
Paul C. Goosen - Beasts of Iron

Paul is a very close friend of mine... and this book is incredible. It's a fusion of sci-fi and fantasy, so if you're a fan of either genre's you're bound to love it. It's based on earth... but not earth as we know it. I really, really suggest you take a look at this book...
Here's the website:
http://www.netherrealmnovels.com/
If you go to "The Book" you can download an excerpt from it - that is, the pro-prologue, the prologue, and the first few chapters. It's the first 80 pages of the book, and more than enough to wet your appetite...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
William Poundstone: Prisoner's Dilemma

prisoner.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow. I just finished Prisoner's Dilemma today. It's an outstanding book, if not exactly what I originally expected.

It could be considered three stories in one. The core of it is about the development of the mathematical game the Prisoner's Dilemma, which is necessarily about the Cold War and nuclear weapons - fission and fusion. The second story, intertwined with the first, is a biography of John von Neumann. A final treatment is of other dilemma games, single and iterative.

To whet your appetite, consider this little "game".

You have a small cake to split between two children. How do you do it fairly? Assuming they're old enough, one child cuts the cake, and the other child chooses the first piece. -_^

Reaction score
At the moment I'm reading The "Dark Side of the Moon": The Making of the "Pink Floyd" Masterpiece - By John Harris.

I've just started it, they're one of my favorite bands of all time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Reading "New Moon" By Stephanie Meyer. Really addicting, on page 174 :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
If it doesn't have to be a book, I'm reading a parts list for Club Car golf carts and a spec sheet for an E-Z-GO TXT golf cart. Oh, and Mac-Forums too. LOL

Reaction score
I just finished reading Animal Farm for shcool. It was a pretty short book, but realated to WWII and thats what we were doing in history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I just Finishe "The Dante Club" by Mathew Pearl.

Amazing book, and very interesting. Highly Recommend it.

Now I a reading "Angelica" - by Arthur Philips

it looks like a twisted and very interesting book so far. The Author is great, I had read "The Egyptologist" by him before and it was just extremly amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just picked up this too:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The last actual book I read was Lord of the Flies a few years back when I was in highschool.. Now it's just Photoshop CS2 for Dummies.

It takes a lot for me to find books that are actually good, and keep me interested, so, I usually just read stuff on the Internet.

does any one have any suggestions for any books? I'm into things like "the truth behind religion" or "government scandals".. you know, things like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
just got done reading "The Collector's" by David Baldacci, waiting on "Stone Cold" by the same author.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman.

This is the second time I've dug this thread up I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.