Office 2003 not installing on Parallels MBP

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having an issue here. I'm a long time lurker whenever I have a question but I couldnt find any help in the search bar so here I am.

I installed parallels and it runs fine, I've installed stuff like firefox and other little things but now I'm trying to install office 2003. Im a student at Clemson down in the good old south and while we will be supporting macs a lot more next year we don't get much help here.

I have a class that needs the windows version of Office so thats why I'm installing it. Everytime I try to install it it starts off fine but then you can hear the disk drive start to slow down and eventually stop. Then it locks up for a couple of minutes and then will give me an error message. I have no idea why but does anyone here have any ideas?

I have already updated windows thinking maybe that could be the issue but it didnt improve anything. It's happened about 5 times in a row now so I know it wasnt just a fluke. Let me know what you guys think!!

MAtt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Strange

Not sure whats up man as I havce sucessfully installed in on my MPB . But I dont know anyting about paralell as I have mine dual booting with Bootcamp

So i I were to guess I would have it has something to do with paralell. Correct me if I am wrong paralell runs within mac osx ? you do not have to boot up in windows ? Might be the difference and if you really need to have it I would try bootcamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
This probably won't make any difference, but one thing you could try is to create a disk image of the Office 2003 CD/DVD using Disk Utility, then in Parallels, select that image under Devices->CD. Try installing using that image instead of the physical device.

Perhaps there's some issue with Parallels' access to your physical drive, as you've mentioned that the drive slows down...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 2GB Ram
You do have XP already installed, correct?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.