• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cheap macs?

Reaction score
Alright, I am going to buy a macbook. I found this website that had ridiculous prices on them. Here is the site : http://www.electronics-discounted-store.com/product_info.php?product_id=3431&categorie=2
It looks like they are legit. Has anyone used them or have any idea if it is a scam. I mean, I normally go with the idea if it is too good to be true it probably is but I want this to be legit real bad. Lemme know your thoughts and advice! Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Alright, I am going to buy a macbook. I found this website that had ridiculous prices on them. Here is the site : http://www.electronics-discounted-store.com/product_info.php?product_id=3431&categorie=2
It looks like they are legit. Has anyone used them or have any idea if it is a scam. I mean, I normally go with the idea if it is too good to be true it probably is but I want this to be legit real bad. Lemme know your thoughts and advice! Thanks in advance.

Steve

Anytime a person or company says:

A - We only accept payments by MoneyGram. We do not accept credit cards because recently we had many frauds with this type of payment. Therefore we can no longer accept payment by credit cards for now.

Company FAQ

I consider it an absolute SCAM!!!

BEWARE!

You really can't find legitimate "Highly" Discounted deals on New current line Apple products... Apple has what is referred to as M.A.P (Minimum Advertised Pricing)...

That being said you CAN find some deals out there... Amazon, etc... some places may throw in a warranty, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'm with RIDE. That website isn't secure. I just tried a little trick that my brother told me about to see if the site is secure. Needless to say, it didn't pass the test. That price is too good to be true. I don't think it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I don't know if this post is spam, but that site is a scam. It would proably be better if it was removed so nobody tries to buy a MBP from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
That appears to be a fairly stripped down MBP anyway. The whole enterprise looks fairly sketchy to me, but what do I know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
They can't even properly type out their FAQ. They have to be scammers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Hey Jeff, Fancy sharing the "trick" your brother taught you?

Also, on their main page what is that laptop that appears to have a scroll wheel instead of a trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
looks lyk a scam at that price
i would get a refurbished one rather than take the risk
but its your money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
This is definately spam. The poster has only had 1 post and joined the forums the day of the post. This is probably the person who set up the site and wanted all of your in put to see how he could improve it. This is just my thoughts on the subject. Maybe this isn't spam. In which case, I'm horribly, horribly wrong. In that case, heres a pre-sorry ExplosionSteve.

Sorry :)

Reaction score
This is definately spam. The poster has only had 1 post and joined the forums the day of the post. This is probably the person who set up the site and wanted all of your in put to see how he could improve it. This is just my thoughts on the subject. Maybe this isn't spam. In which case, I'm horribly, horribly wrong. In that case, heres a pre-sorry ExplosionSteve.

Sorry :)

THANK you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

Sorry

I didnt actually think of that lol
but the site was created in 2006 so wouldnt it have been taken down if it was fake

I'm with RIDE. That website isn't secure. I just tried a little trick that my brother told me about to see if the site is secure. Needless to say, it didn't pass the test. That price is too good to be true. I don't think it is.
Hey Jeff, Fancy sharing the "trick" your brother taught you?

I wouldnt mind knowing this trick myself :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I didnt actually think of that lol
but the site was created in 2006 so wouldnt it have been taken down if it was fake

Why do you say that? It's Febuary 9th. Were only 5 weeks into 2007. For all we know it was made December 30th. Just cause its not brand new doesn't mean its not fake. Also, I called their number. #1, it sounded like my call was connected. #2, the answering machine just said to leave a message. I'm 100% positive that if you called any legit company after hours, their massage machine would state at least their company's name if not also the time when you can talk with a representative.

ABSOLUTELY A SCAM!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Why do you say that? It's Febuary 9th. Were only 5 weeks into 2007. For all we know it was made December 30th. Just cause its not brand new doesn't mean its not fake. Also, I called their number. #1, it sounded like my call was connected. #2, the answering machine just said to leave a message. I'm 100% positive that if you called any legit company after hours, their massage machine would state at least their company's name if not also the time when you can talk with a representative.

ABSOLUTELY SPAM!

It is not spam, its a scam. Spam refers the the original poster braking the rules of the forums in posting an advertisement. A scam is what that site is, a way to get money from somebody with out giving them a product in return.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.