Need a IM that support isight and contact MSN buddie

Reaction score
I really need a good IM software that support Isight and being able to talk to my MSN buddies as i got loads of friends on MSN..

ANY HELP

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
just to let you know, there's probably 50 threads about this- but no problem

aMSN supports msn video chat and works great, sometimes.
Mercury also works.

another one i've heard around is Skype. But I think that you both have to have it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
It is such a shame that iChat doesn't work with MSN - I don't know who's to blame here - Apple or MS - but it is not good.

I don't know anyone personally that has an Apple system so I am unable to use iChat apart from the jabber chat to MSN which is not very good and doesn't support the camera anyway...

aMSN does the video chat thing as informed by ambivalent and it seems to work when ever I need it - it sticks out in OS X like a saw thumb though (visually). (although I've not spent any time looking at available skins for this app though.)

I like Adium - but it doesn't support web cam chats. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
yeh adium doesnt support webcam due to the gaim source, hopefully one day. .
and hopefullly ichat will one day alow msn connections . . rumour was going around that it might happen in leopard. (lets hope), it would be a good move for them as almost everyone has msn messenger not aim.
and its frustrating cause im like you no one i know has a mac so ive never even used ichat its a shame :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
I know Adium doesnt support video or camera chat but how about the mic, can you chat with people via a mic with adium?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
again no, adium doesnt support that either, your best bet is probably to use mercury messenger, or amsn when you need to use one of them i prefer mercury . . but some prefer amsn!
your better gettin your mates to get skype though its much better for voice anyway :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do u have a link to mercury?
also is it like adium, what i mean is can i chat with my friends who dont have mercury but have msn and AOL and so on?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well the link is posted above thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.